Its person smeared with a dust, was pale, lips are densely compressed, green eyes burnt. They silently, very much trying not
to look back, have gone down from a barrow, silently have crossed a glade, have returned on highway and silently have
reached that place where have left horses. Only when hoofs have again begun to knock on betonke, Galja skazala: - I is
convinced that all business in this barrow and in this razvaline. Here any terrible secret, and if we do not open it is covered,
to us never to learn that became and a half the Green valley and with the grandfather.
- Aha... - Porthos has thoughtfully responded. - means, you consider, what the bird about all has guessed and consequently
has attacked us? - And you as consider? - To Admit, I thought... She could be frightened simply, if at it there, say, a nest or
still something. We there shouted, rustled, it was delivered, has shouted, has hammered wings...
Galja with compassion has had a look on nego: - Darling Portosik, you remember, during what moment all it has begun? - It
Has begun... Yes, certainly! As soon as you have shown me traces...
Strange to admit, traces...
- That's it. When she has seen that we have found out traces, it has filled up with their any rubbish, and us has simply
- Aha... - Porthos has said. It all even has reddened from intellectual pressure. - means, you consider that this bird is involved
in disappearance of half of valley and... e... Grandfathers? What it for a bird? Galja has not answered. They have left wood
and have again started up horses on a roadside. This minute over their heads plaintive peep was distributed. Porthos has
looked in the sky and with amazement ahnul: - Yes same it, in person! The huge white bird with a round cat's head and huge
eyes soared over them, compressing in claws of a small fluffy small animal.
- Look, it has seized someone! - Galja has cried. - She will eat it! Porthos in a trice has flied from a saddle, has bent down,
has rummaged around underfoot and was straightened, throwing on a palm a weighty cobble-stone. The bird coldly and
indifferently examined it from above, rocking on motionlessly open wings. Porthos has swung. R-R-time! The cobble-stone
has struck a bird under the left wing. The familiar terrible cry has sounded over a valley. The bird has unclenched claws and,
strongly heeling on the left side, has disappeared behind tops of trees, and the white fluffy lump has fallen to Porthos's feet.
- Give it here, - Galja has told. - Yes is more cautious, do not hurt it!.
It was the strange small animal: present Cheburashka, only white as snow and with red eyes. It shivered in Galinyh palms,
and through fluffy fur she distinctly felt, how its tiny heart without restraint knocks.
- The poor... - has spoken Galja. - it was frightened...
- Still! - Porthos has told. - and who it? A kitten? - Yes is not present. You see, a tail what short.
- Means, krolchonok? - Too is not present. Ears small... All right, sit down on a horse. We go directly to Athos, it is necessary